Translation man-pages in to Russian.
About the project
Structure of man-pages
The man-pages sections are traditionally defined as follows:
- man1 - Commands (Programs) - Those commands that can be executed by the user from within a shell.
- man2 - System calls - Those functions which must be performed by the kernel.
- man3 - Library calls - Most of the libc functions.
- man4 - Special files (devices) - Files found in /dev.
- man5 - File formats and conventions - The format for /etc/passwd and other human-readable files.
- man6 - Games
- man7 - Conventions and miscellaneous - Overviews of various topics, conventions and protocols, character set standards, and miscellaneous other things.
- man8 - System management commands - Commands like mount(8), many of which only root can execute.
- Transifex is translation management platform (using *.po-files or on-line service).
- SourceForge is a place, where translated pages are stored. Mailing list and forum are also arranged here. You can download last version of translated man-pages from this site.